The Green Gate (Polish: Brama Zielona, German: former Koggentor, now Grünes Tor), main entrance to the old town of Gdansk, Poland. May 2017. Photo by: hovedsteder.blogg.no
The Green Gate, completed in 1568 and inspired by the Antwerp City Hall in Belgium, is situated between the Dlugi Targ (Long Market) and the Motlawa river, was the formal residence of Polish royalty. The architect was Regnier (Reiner van Amsterdam).
The Green Gate houses the National Museum in Gdańsk. The Gdańsk office of former President Lech Walesa is located in one of the rooms.